Navigon 2100 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator Review

Navigon 2100 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
Navigon 2100 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
Brand : Navigon
Model : 10000170
Overall Rating :
From : 177 Reviews
Color : Black

Navigon 2100 Technical Detail
  • Ready out-of-the-box. Just turn on and go!
  • Superbly accurate, door-to-door directions. Coast to coast maps of the continental U.S.
  • Spoken directions including street names via text-to-speech.
  • Reality View¿ makes complex highway junctions easy to navigate.
  • Simple-to-use 3.5" touchscreen with predictive and animated menus.
Navigon 2100 Description

The NAVIGON® 2100 is slim, stylish, easy to use, and has features no other GPS navigator has. A brilliant touchscreen display, simple to maneuver menus and accurate coast-to-coast map coverage get you from point A to point B with confidence. Navigating the road ahead is even easier with spoken turn-by-turn directions including street names. Features like Reality View¿ ensure that you'll never miss your exit again by providing realistic 3D map view of complex intersections. With over one million points-of-interest pre-loaded, restaurants, hotels, gas stations, and more are easy to locate. Accessorize with NAVIGON Lifetime Traffic and ZAGAT Ratings and Review accessories. Includes pre-loaded continental U.S. maps.  [...]
Navigon 2100 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Navigon 2100 Reviews (All-Reviews)

office ( Kansas )
The newest map updates require a 4Gb card. The unit will only work with certain SD cards. I found that a 4Gb sandisk SDHC card class 2 works fine with this device. The support is not as it once was since, apparentely, the company is pulling out of the GPS hardware market in North America. But I hear they are still a major player in Europe. Also, they are still selling GPS software for iphones in North America. Otherwise the unit seems to work fine and the maps are very nice. I hope they come back to actively sell hardware in North America in the future.
......................................................

David McMillan ( Tennessee USA )
Pros: Decent navigator with voice prompts and a reasonable price.
Cons: Map updates may not fit in the installed memory card and no spec for larger cards. No useful tech support.

I have had this unit for two years. It is an adequate performer with some quirks in routing, but I have no experience with other units to compare routing methods. I bought a three year map update from Amazon. The promised "quarterly" updates have been sporadic. I recently received a notice of a new map update. When I tried to load the map, the Navigon software told me my 2 GB SD card was too small to hold the map and I should get a 4 GB card. Researching SD cards showed that 4GB cards are now SDHC. I went to Navigon web support and could find no spec indicating that the 2100 could use SDHC. The only way to contact Navigon is by email from their site - there is no contact phone. The web site promises a reply in 24 to 48 hours. I sent an email asking for confirmation of the type of SD card to use. That was 5 days ago.

Update 1/6/2010. Never heard from Navigon so I decided to go for the SDHC 4GB. It did work, so maps can be updated.
......................................................

John Riley Atwood ( Illinois )
I got this navigon when it was very cheap. It has served its purpose, but it definitely has had some problems. The routes it tries to get me to take are sometimes illogical and ridiculously out of the way, and I have gotten lost following its directions multiple times. That being said, I've had it longer than a year and it still works fine. It has proved useful many times, and for its price its hard to complain too much. If you need a gps, and are poor like me, then I suppose I would recommend the Navigon 2100.
......................................................

R. Taylor ( Michigan )
This product didn't work at all for me. Sure I got a refurbish product. But I still thought it should and would work. I am very pleased and happy about how fast my refund came back to me. I have since went to out and bought TomTom, so far so good. I'm still trying to learn what all it do.
......................................................

R. SMITH ( So. California )
This GPS unit has too many quirks. Move on and find one from a more reputable company. The routing is weird. It often routes an unnecessarily long path. Additionally, the design has not been thought out, and the plug is in the absolutely least convenient location. This seems like a small deal, but in reality it is very intrusive. The GUI is sluggish and the buttons don't respond like most other units that I have used. The POIs are not very thorough. Finally, Navigon's warranty policy is pathetic. If there is a problem, and you send it in, and if they disagree with you, they charge you a $30 before they charge you to fix it. I agree with "TheDeciders" more thorough analysis.
......................................................



Navigon 2100 Accessories

Navigon 2100 Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You