Magellan RoadMate 1475T 4.7-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator Review

Magellan RoadMate 1475T 4.7-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic Receiver
Magellan RoadMate 1475T 4.7-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic Receiver
Brand : Magellan
Model : RN1475SGXUC
Overall Rating :
From : 23 Reviews
Color :

Magellan RoadMate 1475T Technical Detail
  • Personalize OneTouch search icons with your favorite places
  • Announces street names and directions at each turn
  • Features ultra-wide 4.7-inch touch screen display
  • Traffic Link delivers free, real-time traffic alerts for life
  • Highway lane assist helps you navigate the interstate
Magellan RoadMate 1475T Description

The Magellan RoadMate 1475T device boasts the acclaimed OneTouch menu, a 4.7-inch color touch screen, traffic link, and an ultra-thin design. The Magellan RoadMate 1475T unit is ideal for both business trips and vacations. Easy-to-use, premium features give you confidence on the road and deliver a powerful navigation experience.  [...]
Magellan RoadMate 1475T 4.7-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic Receiver

Magellan RoadMate 1475T Reviews (All-Reviews)

Sh** Happens ( Florida )
From spring to fall, I drive through more than 25 states each year. Due to my extensive travels I depend on GPS extensively. I've had Garmin (multiple models, always latest & most expensive), in car GPS (MBZ, BMW, Lexus, Lincoln, GMC), Tomtom (it has lot of functions but was not easy to use. designed by europeans? & doesn't make sense for US thought process. returned it because it's too complicated to use and takes you in circles and/or long routes lot of times). For me, I use GPS to - as a map while I drive so I can see both detail and overall; help me get from A to B accurately in shortest amount of time; a large screen so I don't have to squint so much; let me save addresses with name/description (import capability would be great); how much time left and miles to destination. POI used to be important (they should concentrate on the roadside fast-food, gas station, and motels) but with iPhone, Android phones, etc. I can use Yelp and other tools (more accurate and updated frequently). I don't care about the photo viewer, audio, bluetooth, etc. as smartphones do a better job. Magellan 1475t (1470 is identical without the traffic warning ahead) is the cheapest, easiest to use, most accurate than others. I am surprised the traffic ahead worked every time so it's a bonus. Only negative is the lady's voice has lot of static and sometimes hard to understand. Overall, the best unit I have used so far.
......................................................

tbraz44
Disappointed, gives the wrong location for my own street address .. I don't use it .. would have you get on I-5 to go to the local store half a mile away ..
......................................................

Grape Maven ( Southern Shores, NC )
I bought a Roadmate 1475T at Costco and used it for awhile. Good overall but it did not identify some locations. I then tried to get a software update directly from the Magellan website. Much to my chagrin there are NO upgrades for Apple/Safari users!! I sent note off to their customer support team and they responded:

Thank you for contacting Magellan Technical Support. We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing now. As I understand, you are looking for updates for your Roadmate 1475T that will work with an Apple computer.
Unfortunately, as of this time, Magellan devices and software are not yet compatible with a Mac computer. We have already forwarded this concern to the correct department since we have many customers who use Mac computers. We will make another follow-up on your behalf. For the meantime, may I just verify if there is really no way for you to have access or use a computer with Windows XP or Windows Vista OS (Operating System)?

Bottom line: If you use an Apple with Safari you are out of luck to get updates to your maps.
......................................................

S. Wade ( Ann Arbor, MI )
I purchased this for my finacee for Christmas and I'm in love with it! The traffic link is really neat, but I really dislike the "exclusive offers" it provides. It is more like advertisements, though since the screen is so large it is easily ignored. There is more than enough room on the screen for all of the icons and it finds signals and recalculates quickly. It even detected our driveway at our house when we calculated a route from our livingroom! The POI's on it are very useful- when our "check engine" light came on when we were on the express way, we simply searched for the closest Autozone and added it as an additional destination in our route!
......................................................



Magellan RoadMate 1475T Accessories

Magellan RoadMate 1475T Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You