Magellan RoadMate 1200 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator Review

Magellan RoadMate 1200 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
Magellan RoadMate 1200 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
Brand : Magellan
Model : RoadMate 1200
Overall Rating :
From : 16 Reviews
Color : Black

Magellan RoadMate 1200 Technical Detail
  • Magellan RoadMate 1200 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
  • Pre-loaded with maps of the 48 contiguous United States, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico
  • SmartDetour automatically prompts you to route around sudden slow freeway traffic.
  • Rechargeable battery lets you Navigate for up to 3 hours when power is unavailable.
  • 1.3 million pre-programmed POIs make it easy to find gas stations, restaurants, ATMs, coffee and more.
Magellan RoadMate 1200 Description

MAGELLAN RoadMate 1200 3.5 Inch Auto Navigation . Affordable and pocket sized, full function personal auto navigation. The sleek design features a 3.5 in color touch screen. The latest amazingly easy to use interface enables you to locate virtually anywhere in seconds without reading the instructions.  [...]
Magellan RoadMate 1200 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Magellan RoadMate 1200 Reviews (All-Reviews)

John Perides ( Medford, New Jersey )
I have been using the Magellan RoadMate 1200 for over a year. I find it to be the equal of the NeverLost GPS supplied in Hertz Car Rentals. In more than 5 years of using that system, I have never been lost in many locations in the USA. I liked the 1200 so much, I bought one as a gift for my daughter. She loves it too.
......................................................

Silas Curfman ( Yakima Valley, WA USA )
I purchased this to replace an entry level GPS unit that was stolen during a break in. The unit I was replacing did not have any more features than the Magellan. The user interface is fine and I have no complaints with the layout or how to operate the unit. The reason for such a poor review is the directions calculating functionality is worthless. I made one test trip with this unit and it happened to calculate the route as good as could be expected, no initial complaints. Since then, and now that I can't return it, it has failed every trip I've made. I have used it both on urban and rural trips and every trip it makes a severe miscalculation. It's most noticeable in urban settings (i.e. Portland, OR & Seattle, WA), but just as frustrating on rural routes. I will never buy a Magellan again and wish I could send this back. For the time being it has been relegated to novelty use, I turn it on just to see how far off it's going to try to take us.
......................................................

Patricia J. Mast ( Melrose park, Il )
I bought this for a Christmas gift, havn't opened it yet. But from past expierence, because I own one, it is a great GPS. Very easy to use.
......................................................

cinteza
I received this product as a wedding gift. It is portable, takes a while to update maps and stopped charging after a year. Not what I was expecting after a year of use. When I called the help desk, I was told since I didn't have a receipt and it was over a year (2 weeks over a year), I would have to buy a new product. They offered a preferred "loyalty" program, which for the same price as a new device you can get a refurbished model, some "loyalty" program. I don't use it everyday, just when needed, so it could have broke before a year, and I just didn't know. Spend the extra money and get a better unit.
......................................................

Paula E. Ferrer ( Manassas, VA )
If you're like me and aren't into a lot of bells and whistles, this is a great little GPS unit. I was a little skeptical because of the price, but a friend of mine has a Magellan (a higher unit) and loves it. Right out of the box, it was easy to set up and get going. It's very intuitive to use. So far, I haven't been directed to drive into the middle of a lake like one of our units from another GPS company did. The only negative thing I have found is that once in a while the unit "freezes" when you power up if you haven't used it for a few days and you have to run a test on the screen to get it unstuck. It's probably something boneheaded I'm doing when I turn it off and not the unit's fault. I've had this unit for a year now and it's still going strong and i don't have any worries with it at all. Was well worth the money I paid for it.
......................................................



Magellan RoadMate 1200 Accessories

Magellan RoadMate 1200 Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You