TomTom XL 330-S 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator (Box Version) [Review]

TomTom XL 330-S 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator  (Box Version)
Brand : TomTom
Model : XL 330S
Overall Rating :
From : 71 Reviews
Color : Black/Silver

The TomTom XL 330-S is easy-to-use widescreen navigation. TomTom's award-winning software means effortless navigation from point A to point B. Switch on and go right out of the box. Just enter the address on the touchscreen and start driving anywhere in the United States or Canada. TomTom guides you door-to-door with turn-by-turn spoken instructions including street names. And 3D graphics help guide you to your destination.  [...]

Technical
  • Maps of United States and Canada with TomTom Map Share with TomTom's 30-Day Latest Map Guarantee--Up to date, off the shelf
  • Guides you door-to-door with turn-by-turn spoken instructions including street names
  • Preloaded Points of Interest--Easily find millions of gas stations, restaurants, hotels, and more on your route
  • The Fold & Go EasyPort mount folds flat against the device, making it easy to take it with you from car to car
  • Switch on and go right out of the box
TomTom XL 330-S 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator  (Box Version)

Customer's Rating & Reviews (All-Reviews)

Chels
TomTom XL 330, I got this for Christmas. When you return, not the GPS is accurate! Apparently, my house is one mile on the road, as there is no GPS when I pointed out, but that has not helped. Still I did not like how I had to click several times to get to find the route options. I prefer a unit easier if I upgraded to a Garmin nuvi 255. Much, much better! I am very happy with this new Garmin.
......................................................

Susano Singson ( lynbrook, NY )
I bought the new TomTom XL-S 330 from Costco. I opted for this solution after comparing the GPS Magellan 1445t I like the 3 dimensional aspect of TomTom especially when I am approaching the entrance of the tunnel. me a large overview of how its like to navigate in the tunnel as well even the signal is off. I have only two negative feed back. First when after crossing the 59th bridge of NYC it does not know where to direct me to the most quickest route but instead route to a further route.

Second after I try to update it with the help of TomTom HOME to update the maps for free. My map TomTom has completely disappeared, in other words hacked my TomTom Map of myself and try to download an update to map certain amount of fee for a brand new GPS. Hell no! I was very disappointed. At the time of writing this I returned to Costco. I tried for several hours for the connection and reboot my GPS, but it always says no card found. So do not try to go to update the map, as it turns out that the map on your GPS TomTom disappear.
......................................................

Kevin W ( Houston, TX USA )
Bought this just before a long roadtrip. I liked the screen size and the idea of a small assembly belt. Navigation is ok. There were a couple of times we were sent to travel rather strange, but we arrived at destination OK. Big problem with this device is the frame. You can not connect to the fitting of a windshield with the camera. It is difficult to connect the device when the mountain is located on the window. You can not use the dashboard weighted pillow "that we used to use. Today, three months after we bought the GPS, mount broke at some point I had been in question appeared to be a weak point. In general, the rate of GPS as a 4, but HTE as a zero. Attention!
......................................................

J. J. Marino ( Rochester, New York )
Overall it is a cul-GPS unit. I have some concerns that I want to address first; Ok now for the good:

It has a wonderfully large screen. The mounting hardware is ingenious and you can put this just about any angle on your windshield and it is a solid and sturdy mount. Removal is very easy and it comes with a fairly long cable. The 3D view moves very smoothly and it runs just fine while going down the road. The routes it selects are valid and useful.

Pros:
>> Large Screen
>> Excellent mount
>> Nice loud voice(s)
>> Easy to put in or take out of car

Cons:
<< Ridiculous manual
<< May take a while to set up and muddle through
<< Flakey inital setup

I give this one 3.5 stars because it is a pretty good record, it seems that Tom Tom has gone with regard to the technical staff of writing. Thank you for reading my review.
......................................................

Lisa Beckwith ( Arizona )
We used this for our holiday and was TERRFIC! It is Gift for Christmas from my husband.
......................................................



Accessories

Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You