Garmin nüvi 200W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator [Review]

Garmin nüvi 200W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator
Brand : Garmin
Model : Nuvi 200W
Overall Rating :
From : 446 Reviews
Color :

Garmin nüvi 200W combines the point thinprofile and attractive prices of other nüvi 200 GPS and a series with beautiful 4.3-inch (diagonal) wide touchscreen that lets you see what is around you when driving. As with all Nuvis you get Garmin reliability, the fast satellite lock of a high-sensitivity integrated receiver, slim, pocket-navigation with a brilliant, detailed NAVTEQ maps that lets you search by name for more than 6 million points of interest such as shops, restaurants or hospitals, and a simple and intuitive interface. [...]

Technical
  • Wide WQVGA 4.3 Inch Diagonal Color Touchscreen Display with White Backlight
  • 480x272 Pixels Resolution
  • Sleek Ultra Slim Design/ SD Memory Card Expansion Slot
  • Turn by Turn Directions with Voice Guidance
  • 0.38 Lbs (WxLxH) 0.80" x 4.80" x 2.90"
Garmin nüvi 200W 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

Customer's Rating & Reviews (All-Reviews)

Kenny ( Lisle, IL )
I bought the unit in Janurary 2008 and has begun to give trouble to locate the satellites after a year of use. Now, it takes usually 10 or 20 minutes to find satellites, but often fails to connect at all and I had to restart the unit several times while I was driving.I always tried to turn the unit on in an open place, but never know if it is going to give me problem or not -- I just can't count on it. I'm going to buy a new one from a different brand.
......................................................

Brian Mathason ( Virginia )
I bought this GPS for my girlfriend always lost, and so far has been a great disappointment. It is quite easy to use, and helps them to reach their destination, when it works. The problem is that it is virtually impossible to find the satellites, and sometimes it never does. It 'so bad that she often does not care to use, making it useless. I regret not returning the unit.
......................................................

Andrew F ( Seattle, WA )
This product worked great when I first purchased it, but right around the 1 year mark it stopped acquiring the satellites reliable. Sometimes it would take up to 20 minutes before it would acquire them, and occasionally it wouldn't acquire them at all. In my opinion, working only 1 year before beginning to fail is unacceptable. Without the ability the acquire the signal, this product is useless. Would not buy again.
......................................................

William R. Stegall ( Wash DC )
I bought for my wife (not to say that I talked about this), which is based on information a bit ': "I think its great! I used a couple of times and it is easy to use, touch screen is easy to use even in DC traffic.
......................................................

Bruce Hamilton ( Redondo Beach, CA USA )
I bought a refurb Garmin 200W and returned to Garmin, as it would take half an hour to acquire the satellites. However, their replacement unit (which came with the cards wrong) is just as bad. I do not want to buy another Garmin GPS.
......................................................



Accessories

Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You