TomTom ONE 140-S 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator [Review]

TomTom ONE 140-S 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
Brand : TomTom
Model : 1EK0.052.02
Overall Rating :
From : 71 Reviews
Color : black

The TomTom ONE 140-S is the complete navigation. Turn right and go outside the box. Spoken turn-by-turn including the street names guide you to any address in the United States, Canada and Mexico - over 7 million points of interest preloaded. [...]

Technical
  • Complete navigation with the most accurate maps in a compact, portable GPS device with a 3.5-inch QVGA touchscreen
  • Spoken street names/turn-by-turn instructions and 3D graphics will guide you to any address in the United States, Canada, and Mexico--including more than 7 million preloaded points of interest
  • IQ Routes Technology gives you the fastest route every time by using actual average speeds of travel on your route to calculate your trip rather than only posted speed limits, so you'll always travel the smartest route
  • Advanced Lane Guidance uses photorealistic images to bring even more clarity to complex multi-lane exits so you can be more confident on the road
  • With TomTom Map Share technology, you can instantly modify street names, street direction, POIs, road speeds, and turn restrictions on your own device
TomTom ONE 140-S 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Customer's Rating & Reviews (All-Reviews)

Ray Lyon
Priced at $ 99.00 on Amazon, the 140S is a business. Announces street names and provides many options to customize your itinerary. The voice speaks loud and clear. 3.5 inch screen, although on the small side and cramped, not a job suited for data visualization. Connects to satellites fast. The mechanism of assembly is very good and offers options for tilting and positioning. I like it when a mistake is made directional unit is silent. It quietly and quickly Replans route and provides immediate feedback on the advice of your itinerary. Map updates are easy to obtain and download directly to your device. On the negative side, despite the IQ Routes feature, the unit gave me some ridiculous suggestions for how they went from Grand Rapids, MI Dayton, OH ... it took me through small villages, roads, single track, where this road would have clearly been faster. When I showed my friend gave me was puzzled... 
Why did you choose this way? Also, I live in a rural area in North Carolina and maps for TomTom where I live are totally false. What would need to hire someone to go to my house. Again, all GPS units give the wrong words in my house ... but not as much as the 140S. I'll see what I can do about it ... TomTom GPS is the only company that integrates the fixes by the end users. (This is one reason why I chose the TomTom on other brands.) I also have the ability to organize data by type of cuisine restaurant, rather than a simple list sorted by distance from current location. Finally, finding the right screen to customize the path is a little 'difficult, with selections of nested menus that are very intuitive in their implementation. The documentation provided in the package is low, but a full version is available online, if necessary .. .. and will exploit the features of this device.

Even with these clarifications, it is an excellent value and the smooth operation of GPS for the money. I recommend this product to anyone buying a GPS on a budget. The $ 20 additional street names, spoken (only two entries) is worth.
......................................................

John T. Greiner ( MANHEIM,PA )
I LIKE driving very 'VERY EASY TO USE, charge STILLS month.
......................................................

Raincat ( Brisbane, CA United States )
This is exactly what I need, a simple device to get where I want to play it directly.
......................................................

Travis E. Woodward ( Hallsville, Ohio )
I am from a small country that not even a traffic light, I used this to go to the appointment of a doctor in Hilliard, Ohio, and told me verbally every time you take to go to the doctors office with no problem at all! My daughter and I think it's a good product and also has many other functions too. When I bought this I had already met several models of GPS, @ @ KED for other functions that I wanted to set the price and I think that is impressive! K. Kuhn Ohio.

TomTom ONE 140-S 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator
......................................................



Accessories

Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You