Magellan RoadMate 1700 7-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator [Review]

Magellan RoadMate 1700 7-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator
Brand : Magellan
Model : RoadMate 1700
Overall Rating :
From : 27 Reviews
Color :

Perfect for cars, trucks and campers, Magellan RoadMate 1700 offers a generous, ultra-thin 7-inch touch screen ideal for large vehicles and easy viewing on the road. Premium features include: OneTouch Favorites menu, and Members Tourbook AAA Roadside Assistance with research QuickSpell Smartcity motorway exit he speaks street name guidance, and many more!
 [...]

Technical
  • Ultra-slim 7-inch color touchscreen is perfect for large vehicles and easy viewing on the road
  • Includes maps of the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico with 6 million points of interest
  • Features multi-destination routing, highway lane assist, spoken street names, AAA TourBook, and more
  • Search for gas stations, restaurants, hotels, and more near upcoming highway exits--QuickSpell with SmartCity search makes destination entry easy
  • One-year limited warranty
Magellan RoadMate 1700 7-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

Customer's Rating & Reviews (All-Reviews)

Zen Dinh ( jennings, la, US )
I just bought, but I do not know how to connect with the player. DVD Search by 3.5 mm in place of this with RCA put out the DVD player, also tried to red for the video. Etc., but still not working, any1 know? What kind of cable should I buy? let me know, thanx a lot.
......................................................

J. Cho ( Allentown, PA United States )
This is a great GPS. I used some others in the past. This is my favorite. One complaint is the windshield mount small (but no problem yet), and the software will not be able to display all the travel information on the screen. Come on, is a great display and I should be able to see everything as speed / ETA / etc ... Seems cheaped which to develop new software for this model. However, I can not complain with the price I paid in the Amazon during the last sale.
......................................................

G. Storrs ( Mi )
Overall, the Magellan 1700, so far worked well without problems. The 7-inch screen is really nice on the smaller ones I've owned. Magellan Three things that need improvement are: the voice is garbilled and could be clearer. The letters on road signs service guidelines for the track must be greater especially as they have plenty of room for it. The windshield is not enough to make a large part in my Explorer and F-150. They do not offer a wider range of installation, I just bought (only with Magellan) to $ 50.00 which is very expensive for something made in China, even if it helps.
......................................................

R. Hammerle
The day after we received the Magellan 1700, my wife and I drove into the city and tested the ability of leadership. He never told to do a U-turn. Instead, we sent a timely manner. It 'easy to use on the fly. I love the size. I have it on the dashboard or window. Instead fits securely in Bracketron UFM 100BL Nav-Mat bought with 1700. It has also set in front of the console between the seats. The driver did not have to watch because the voice says the name of the street. I like that feature. It lessens confusion. When I was entering an address for out-of-state friends I was unable to locate their city. I emailed Magellan and got a reply the next day. They tested their own 1700 and their instructions clearly showed my mistake. Great customer service. I did get a separate A/C adapter which made it very easy for my wife to input addresses for our long distance acquaintences. Can't wait to use it on our vacation this year.
......................................................



Accessories

Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You