Magellan RoadMate 1412 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator [Review]

Magellan RoadMate 1412 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator
Brand : Magellan
Model : Magellan RoadMate 1412
Overall Rating :
From : 164 Reviews
Color :

Magellan RoadMate 1412 is pocket-sized, ultra-thin, stylish, and features a 4.3 Extra Large-format color-inch touch-screen interactive. Points of Interest database offers 6 million built-in foam destinations for an incredible value. Find fuel, food, lodging, ATMs and hundreds of other businesses and services, with a few touches of the screen. Plus, it includes built-in maps of the entire United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada. [...]

Technical
  • 4.3-inch WQVGA, full-color, anti-glare, touchscreen display
  • 6 million searchable points of interest: Customers can easily search for restaurants, hotels, airports, gas stations, and more.
  • SayWhere: Text-to-speech tells drivers the street name of their next turn.
  • Widescreen, ultra-thin form factor with the functionality and navigation features that GPS consumers expect
  • SmartDetour: Prompts drivers to route around heavy or stopped freeway traffic
Magellan RoadMate 1412 4.3-Inch Widescreen Portable GPS Navigator

Customer's Rating & Reviews ( All-Reviews)

Jerry L. Cornelius III ( Georgetown, TX )
Great product. Great value for money. Defintley I would recommend this product.
......................................................

TJ ( New Jersey )
Product worked for a short period, but it started malfunctioning. The device does not start or the video would freeze. Sometimes the voice prompts would get "stuck" and loud noises would be heard by the speaker cracking up. The screen turned horizontal lines sometimes blurred. Off the device and again when the bankruptcy is not always solve the problem and had to be reset with a razor (imagine doing that as you drive!).
After many failures, the battery does not work when disconnected from the cigarette lighter charger, so that the laptop function has been lost. I once used my Verizon cell phone charger for him and I did not get off, so I stopped using the incident as "original", Chargers, but the battery is "dead" (you can not exercise the warrant). Ialso noticed that now the unit requires a very long time (up to minutes) to obtain a solution via satellite, but am not sure if it was caused by the cold. The unit was purchased last year at Costco for over $ 200 and was certainly disappointing. Yes, it is a kind of loader now works with Verizon, but I would encourage potential buyers not to buy this model (RoadMate 1412), or simply avoid the entire Magellan.
......................................................

K. Cooper ( USA )
The product seems so far so good. I believe that the problems are due to operator error, but its use is necessary.
......................................................

E. Bailey ( Brevard, NC, US )
I look great. However, when I took another direction or due to a landslide on the road - I do not see for miles and miles. And he told me to turn in the wrong place 3 times and a couple of times (I did it for one week) you could not find anything right in the heart of the city mylittle - a supermarket is common and can be found in other cities .
......................................................

Sheri Boncaldo
I used for fear of driving to new places, because my sense of direction is not great, but now I go everywhere! I drove from Buffalo to Raleigh a week after I took and it was impressive. My father just bought a Garmin nuvi and I love my Magellan much better ... was much more intuitive than its straight out of the box. I like that you can go back and forth between the map and detailed instructions to help you prepare in advance where to turn. It's the best birthday present I ever bought myself :)
......................................................



Accessories

Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You