TomTom XL 325 4.3-inch Portable GPS Navigator [Review]

TomTom XL 325 4.3-inch Portable GPS Navigator
Brand : TomTom
Model : 1EG0.017.05
Overall Rating :
From : 19 Reviews
Color : gray

The TomTom XL 325 is an easy to use navigator widescreen. TomTom's award-winning software means of navigation effortlessly from A to B. Change the XL 325 and turn right on the window. Just enter the address on the touchscreen and start driving anywhere in the US. TomTom guides you door-to-door with turn-by-turn spoken instructions. 3D graphics help guide you to your destination. An extra-wide touchscreen helps you find your way, worry-free. The XL 325 is preloaded with millions of points of interest to enhance your traveling experience – easily find your favorite gas stations, hotels, restaurants, and more.  [...]

Technical
  • 30 Day Latest Map Guarantee: if a new map is released within 30 days of purchase, download it for free from TomTom HOME
  • TomTom Map Share¿: instantly modify street names, street direction, road speeds, turn restrictions and POIs on your own device and benefit from others¿ corrections
  • Help Me! Emergency Menu: easily access local emergency providers such as police, fire stations and hospitals
  • TomTom HOME: ensure that your TomTom is always up-to-date and access additional features with this free software application
TomTom XL 325 4.3-inch Portable GPS Navigator

Customer's Rating & Reviews (All-Reviews)

Tarta ( United States )
This device is perfect for me. I do not travel internationally and do not just "bells and whistles. I like to keep things simple and basic, and does the work for me. I'm not afraid to lead the city. :-)
......................................................

Loren D. Jones ( Prior Lake, MN USA )
I bought my wife a Garmin last spring before a long roadtrip and found it to be very useful. I've been watching for a good deal to purchase one for myself and the Black Friday sales found me buying a Tom Tom.

In a nutshell, it's a good unit with a few annoying shortcomings compared to similarly priced Garmins. The first disappointment was not having an automatic power-on/power-off option like the Garmin. I had become used to the Garmin automatically firing up when I turned the key on and the TomTom does not have this option.

The other annoyance is it's route selection finds some pretty convoluted routes compared to my Garmin. It may find the shortest, but it's definitely not always the most expeditious!

Finally, satellite acquisition time is markedly slower than the Garmin. My Garmin is ready to navigate within seconds of firing it up, whereas the TomTom can take up to a minute or more to orient itself. They need to move to a more recent GPS chipset to improve that performance. My 2.5 year old Microsoft Streets & Maps GPS is almost instantaneous!

On the plus side, I do like the fact that it displays your current speed alongside the speed limit for the road you're on, and color codes it red when you exceed the limit...a gentle reminder to help avoid tickets.

I also like the spoken street names, which my Garmin lacks (available in more expensive models.)

For the price, it was a good deal, but it could be improved. Once you've traveled with a GPS, you don't want to be without one.
......................................................

Shala Kerrigan ( Anchorage )
The screen size and ease of use is fantastic. I just plugged it in my computer and the tutorial did a great job of showing me how to use it. It's so easy that I'd even recommend it to a technophobe like my dad.
The pre-loaded maps were more than sufficient for my hometown (Anchorage,AK) and if they are good for here, I imagine they would be good for any major US city without having to pay for extra services.
My favorite thing about it though is definitely how customizable the display is. You can download all sorts of voice and icons from the website and load them up via the enclosed USB cord including some very cute fan type things. Mine is all set up to reflect my family's favorite tv show to the absolute amusement of my friends.
My husband's favorite feature is that you don't have to use it in the car, you can carry it in your pocket if you are walking some place.
Wonderful gadget for the price. I'm looking forward to using it on my next vacation.
......................................................



Accessories

Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You