Garmin eTrex Vista HCx Color High-Sensitivity Mapping Handheld GPS [Review]

Garmin eTrex Vista HCx Color High-Sensitivity Mapping Handheld GPS
Brand : Garmin
Model : eTrex Vista HCx
Overall Rating :
From : 214 Reviews
Color :

Deep foliage nor steep canyons, nor are robust Faze Garmin eTrex Vista HCx. Equipped with a high sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver, the unit locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover. The advantage is obvious: if you are walking through thick woods or strolling near tall buildings or trees, you can count on Vista HCx to help you find your way when you need it most. The Vista HCx also includes a built-in electronic compass that provides bearing information even when you're standing still, along with a barometric altimeter that tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude. You can even use the altimeter to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.  [...]

Technical
  • High-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver provides peak performance in any environment
  • Lightweight, compact and waterproof
  • Features a 1.7-inch X 1.3-inch screen with 256-level color TFT
  • Built-in basemap with automatic routing capability
  • USB connection for high-speed map downloads
Garmin eTrex Vista HCx Color High-Sensitivity Mapping Handheld GPS

Customer's Rating & Reviews (All-Reviews)

D. Rich ( San Jose,CA )
Just replace my GPSR with the eTrex Legend HCx eTrex Vista Cx GPSR mapping with high sensitivity. I certainly agree with the other reviews about the accuracy of this GPSR little surprising. My favorite feature is that I can use in your car and get a route to a geocache, and then pass the topographic map for the rest of the road. We used to keep the old GPSR outside the window for a sight-line fix.

My only small comment is that could have found the menu easy to reach, putting in the options menu of each page.

Dave
......................................................

Ezra Nakar
Garmin eTrex Vista is my first GPS. I bought it because I like to use my legs, but sometimes I lose my way. I bought when I did not know that I could buy the map of Israel for Garmin, but a simple Google search I found a way to download the map partially updated. The instrument is very small and very comfortable to use especially when you are walking. it is working on simple two AA batteries and this is a great advantage the second advantage is that the batteries are long lived, they stand at least for 15 hours. the instrument has also a feature that it can save your track so that you can trace your way back when you feel lost.
......................................................

Mikolaj Rydzewski
I'm really happy with this device. Works fine, no problem, since the time I bought it.
......................................................

C. Wilcox ( Bourbonnais, IL United States )
I do not have this product, even if I have other Garmin GPS units . When I saw that this unit does not have a card, the cards, which must be purchased separately, I decided that I needed to buy. Between the cost of these units and the cost of paper is too expensive for what I had to leave. Garmin makes good products, but their customer service in all areas is sadly lacking.
......................................................



Accessories

Related

0 comments:

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You