Navigon 2200T 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator

Navigon 2200T 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Text-To-Speech and Free Traffic Alerts

Navigon 2200T 3.5-Inch Portable GPS Navigator with Text-To-Speech and Free Traffic Alerts Reviews
(3.5/5 of 122 Reviews)

Both portable and stylish, NAVIGON 2200T delivers a superior navigation experience unlike any other with features that are both useful and exclusive. Route around traffic jams with Free Real-Time Traffic Updates, alerting you to traffic issues ahead and providing alternative routes ¿ all free for the life of your 2200T. Never miss your exit again with Reality View Pro ¿ which automatically displays photo-realistic images of virtually every highway intersection and exit complete with sign text and lane guidance. Plus, the 2200T includes a host of other features that make navigating the road ahead easier, such as Advanced Text-to-Speech Voice Guidance, Lane Assistant Pro, Multi-Destination Trip Planning and DirectHelp.

Technical Detail
  • Advanced Text-to-Speech Voice Guidance. Turn-by-turn directions with street names.
  • Free Real-Time Traffic Updates. Coverage across 80 cities for the life of your product.
  • Reality View Pro. Never miss an exit with automatic 3D guidance.
  • Auto Day/Night Mode. Adjusts your screen for better daytime or nighttime viewing.
  • Auto-off Feature. Turns off your system when you turn off your car.

Customer's Reviews (All-Reviews)

Mimmo ( Long Island, NY )
--Was Great , but now not so good--
I bought this in early 2009 and should start off by saying that I had to return the first unit after a few weeks. It was taking forever to pickup satellites. Navigon tech made some attempts at hard rebooting the device but ultimately had to return the unit for a replacement. The second one worked much better but several months later it started crashing with a low memory error msg. Navigon tech suggested that I perform a software upgrade which I did and another hard reboot, lost all my saved data again. After the software upgrade the thing sometimes takes too long to acquire satellites. I no longer select a destination from "recent trips" as this seems to cause the low memory issues.

Why put up with all this you ask, well because the traffic alerts were great, spot on to the tenth of a mile. Traveling through some boroughs of New York City I knew that any alerts noting slow moving traffic was just volume and I could ignore. Whenever the alerts contained "stopped" or "stop and go" traffic I would consider taking an alternate route.

Unfortunately the traffic alerts are no longer very useful, either I don't get them at all or you get them far too late.

As a GPS unit the directions work great, the audio alerts are clear, do not confuse and are given to you in enough time so you can react. The visual display is nice too, especially when it comes to merging roads and off ramps.

I really liked it in 2009 but I would NOT recommend it for its traffic functionality anymore.
......................................................

The Shepherd ( Kalifornia )
--Great, except for what it is suppoed to do....--
I would give this 5 Stars if only it worked... sigh.

After searching reviews online and being swayed by an editors pick at LapTop magazine (which I love) I choose this nav system becasue it was affordable, had real time traffic, was good at what it was suppoed to do (navigate) and no bells and whistles I didn't need (mp3, blue tooth).

After using this device for 2 weeks I finally gave up and ordered a Garmin which works great.

Heres the deal...

Pros - easy to use, small and compact (less viewing screen, but fits nicely in any pocket), love the display easy to read, voice not annnoying, best feature is the dodge traffic icon (red flag) that pops up and with one click you are avoiding traffic nightmares. Garmin could learn something here.

Cons - It can NEVER find a signal near my house. I live right next to the ocean and maybe that has something to do with it??? It works great in other areas, but just not within 5-10 miles of home which is frustrating becasue that is where the journey always begins. So I give it one star for my location.

Ultimately I kept it as a backup but I never use it anymore.
......................................................

Anonymous ( California )
--Broken Already--
I used my GPS sparingly since I got it in October 2008. When I did use it, it worked very well and was easy to use. The traffic feature was nice, but I also rarely used this since you have to navigate around the menus to get the specific traffic updates. The only complaint I had was the time it takes to get a signal seems to be really, really long - around 3-5 minutes. I'm practically at my destination by the time I get a signal. Also, I'd like for it to come with a wall charger.

Unfortunately, the last time I tried to turn it on, I get an error saying it can't load the software, and customer service says I need to send it in for repairs. So, it seems like these are not very hardy devices.
......................................................

A. Stephan
--small, little weight, exact, good visibility of the route--
This GPS is a far better one than the older navigon model (pocket loox) that I used before in the USA. The representation of the highway lanes for instance is remarkable. What could be better is: a little LED lamp to show the state of loading the accu; the accu itself looses much power overnight; sometimes the GPS takes too long to start working. But for this low price it's an offer.
......................................................

I. Rosenberg
--doesnt work and there is no customer service--
we had the navigon for 6 months and it was great until it stopped working. The screen came up with a message that said to contact customer service. There is no customer service number, only email. I emailed them twice and never got a response at all, so the navigon became garbage. Luckily Amazon accepted it as a return, for 80% of the purchase price, but it was still a waste of money.
......................................................




Accessories

Related Products

2 comments:

rajput said...

GPS navigator system made tripping easy as we have to feed our tour destination and that's all done, thanks god we have GPS system.
Car Fuse Holder

sabung ayam said...

games online klik di sini
cheat games online
http://www.ayamkari.co/


https://bolavitakari.wordpress.com/2018/06/25/kiat-dan-anjuran-enteng-menang-kala-bermain-sabung-ayam-online/

 

Preview on Feedage: portable-gps-navigator-reviews Add to My Yahoo! Add to Google! Add to AOL! Add to MSN
Subscribe in NewsGator Online Add to Netvibes Subscribe in Pakeflakes Subscribe in Bloglines Add to Alesti RSS Reader
Add to Feedage.com Groups Add to Windows Live iPing-it Add to Feedage RSS Alerts Add To Fwicki
Add to Spoken to You